First of all, chmod is not the answer.
- sudo nano /etc/fstab
- Write “LABEL=drivename none ntfs rw,auto,nobrowse” in fstab
- kntrl-O & kntrl-X shotcuts will write and save your changes
- Unmount your drive from Mac
- Unplug your drive from Mac
- Plug your drive back in
- Within Finder’s menu bar, click “Go to Folder”
- Type /Volumes in “Go to Folder” screen. This will display all drives whether they’re available or not
- Drag your drive into Favourites, left of current Finder screen.
This is how you do it.